An Excellent Navigation App for iPhone IOS 6: myGPS

IOS 6 Update for your iPhone was one of the biggest shocked for many people. Especially, if you were using your iPhone’s Google Maps app to find your way. Google Maps was providing a proper navigation and saving our lives! And never ends in Canada when you search for London in UK! The satellite photos were not from the Second World War and not covered with clouds. Actually, there are lots things to criticise about the new Apple Map application came with IOS 6.

After the Apple Maps headed me to University College Birmingham instead of University of Birmingham, I started to look for a free navigation application on iTunes. There are many applications but they don’t offer walking service, there are some of them offer everything but want to vacuum your bank account. Thus, I decide to find something in the middle, cheap and useful.

And I didn’t give up and hopefully I found this, myGPS. It is only £0.69 ($0.99) at the moment. You can use Google search to find a place without dealing with postcode or street name. You can navigate for walk or drive. The map is based on OpenStreetMap and very reliable. The user interface is very easy to use and even with iPhone 4, myGPS works brilliantly. I couldn’t find anything to criticise, may be the lack of satellite images but that’s fine. You can still have the satellite images by using Google Maps from the Safari web browser.

I am really happy with the myGPS, I know it will never ever fill the place of Google Maps but that’s the best thing we can get at the moment. And walking navigation works really well!

Yes, I tried to walk to McLaren Head Office in Woking :)